A) segregation B) regulations
C) communism D3 extinction
25. The proposal was accepted with ________ approval. Everybody believed it would help revive the national economy.
A) unanimous B) doubtful
C) pleasant D) searching
26. Many social services are provided by ________ societies and organizations that do not expect any material payment.
A) wealthy B)voluntary
C) helpful D)spiritual
27. In the packed hall, the people sitting close to me _________ me into the corner little by little.
A) dragged B) drew
C) frightened D) wedged
28. The police, trying to ________exactly who was at the party are investigating every person concerned.
A) ascertain B) arrest
C) imagine D) count
29. If everybody has arrived the meeting may________ now.
A) commence B) criticize
C) comment D) conclude
30. The prodigal son ________his large inheritance in a few years of heavy spending.
A) inherited B) received
C) accumulated D) dissipated
3l. In ancient India, there used to be a very formidable ________ in religious and social life.
A) hierarchy B) power
C) despot D) president
32. _________ delinquency refers to law-breaking by young people.
A) Juvenile B) Green-hand
C) Amateur D) Institute
33. It's necessary to make your handwritings ________ when you fill in an official form.
A) reconcilable B) legitimate
C) legible D) formal
34. She has always been a conscientious secretary since the gal, she entered my company. Tine suggestion that I wanted her to resign is quite __________
A) thoughtful B) reasonable
C) unfounded D) early
35. The ________ meaning of "yellow" is a color, but it can also mean "cowardly."
A) positive B) negative
C) underlying D) literal
36. When I stayed in the country, I used to walk in the fields at night and to see ________ of stars.
A) the circulation B) a cluster
C) the falling D) myriads